This casserole is both comforting and fast, which makes it my favorite kind of recipe. this is another easy recipe to make in larger batches and often disappears fast as well. I often get asked for the recipe.
- Prep: 20 min.
- Bake: 25 min.
- Makes 8 servings
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets, cooked
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided
In a large bowl, combine soup and milk until blended. Add the stuffing mix with contents of seasoning packet, chicken, broccoli, celery and 1 cup cheese. Transfer to a greased 13×9-in. baking dish.
Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Freeze option: Sprinkle remaining cheese over unbaked casserole. Cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 375°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°.